[plt-scheme] Macro troubles

From: Killian McCutcheon (entarter at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 04:51:09 EDT 2008

On 6/23/08, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really don't see any advantage in implementing this as macros, and
>
> indeed you get yourself a whole heap of extra issue to figure out.

I guess that's what I needed to hear. It's really just an exercise for
myself to learn macros, the game is already finished. I can think of a few
other ways to implement this, I just figured macros would result in the
least and most flexible code.

I had a feeling the problem with procedure-arity was the disparity between
runtime and 'compile' time environments. Can anyone point to a document that
clearly describes what is available at macro expansion time? I'm still
confused as to the syntax error for the second version. Doesn't matter
though, the point is moot.

Thanks all for the speedy feedback

Cheers,

Killian