[plt-scheme] Semantics of quote

From: Anton Tayanovskyy (anton.tayanovskyy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 16:28:56 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

A few weeks ago I was asking myself the same question. Glad I'm not
alone being confused. However, consider:

guile> (cons 'quote (cons 'a '()))
(quote a)

So not all Schemes print 'a instead of (quote a).

As for your second example, besides the quote issue, it's a nice
illustration of how macros work. They don't really work as procedures
- the arguments are not evaluated. I banged my head at this for a
while, read Oleg Kiselyov's _Systematic Macro Programming_, tried
those CPS style macros in PLT Scheme, was amazed at how long the
expansion takes, and then discovered define-macro...

Regards,

Anton