[plt-scheme] Inadequate indentation facility in MrEd/DrScheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 19 08:20:48 EDT 2008

In principle: I think you're right and we have discussed a meta-
programming facility that would allow macro-defined languages (like
the one for looping constructs) not only to specify a semantics but
also IDE attributes such as indentation. We discussed this a year
ago, when we moved to #lang and reader; I am certain that one year
we'll add it in. (I don't know of any other language that provides
such meta-programming facilities so this is a task with a research-y
flavor.)

In detail: My answer has no relation to the specific details of your
inquiry concerning for*

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.