[plt-scheme] Newbie question: non-blocking IO

From: Danny Chan (chan_dhf at yahoo.de)
Date: Wed Jun 18 07:07:40 EDT 2008

Hi!
I'd like to write a program that captures a video flow from a camera developed in my company. I already found out how to talk to the low level C libraries that are needed to talk to our hardware using the FFI. However, the functions to grab images from the camera are blocking until a data buffer has been filled. But to get the necessary frame rate, I need to process the last captured frame while waiting for the next frame. If I read the documentation correctly, PLT Scheme uses green threads, so that the call to my C function will block the scheme process even if it is done in a dedicated scheme thread. If this is correct, is there a simple way to achieve a non-blocking call to a C function?

Thanks, Danny