[plt-scheme] plt web server question

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 22:53:38 EDT 2008

The print textarea is locked because obviously user is not allowed to
edit it. This cause the problem that user can't scroll it down either,
and I don't know how to control that in Javascript. I search online but
failed to find any useful information. One thing you can try is to
unlock the textarea, maybe just before new data is written to the
textarea, and lock it afterwards.

Chongkai

Jon Rafkind wrote:
> Chongkai Zhu wrote:
>> Many thanks. Finally I finished it (for now). For anyone interested:
>> it is a Scheme REPL through web interface (attached).
>>
>> I just used HTML textarea to hold information. So it's pretty simple:
>> only pure text is allowed, and I don't know for now how to (by using
>> javascript) to control the scrolling in the textarea. If anyone is
>> interested in puting more fancy Javacript into it to make it feel
>> more like DrScheme, feel free to do so.
> That is neat but if I type enough enough expressions are printed in
> the upper window and I try to scroll down after about half a second
> the scrollbar will reset to the top rendering the system mostly
> unuseable after inputting about 7 expressions. Firefox 2.0.0.14. I
> briefly looked at the javascript you used but I'm not sure what the
> issue is.

Posted on the users mailing list.