[plt-scheme] experience rewriting scheme systems in common lisp?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jun 4 17:12:59 EDT 2008

Does anyone have experience with tools help for rewriting Scheme code as
Common Lisp,  such as with Dorai Sitaram's "scm2cl"?  Or perhaps even
with Pseudoscheme?

A client has a decent-sized production Web system implemented in Scheme
that, for various reasons (no fault of Scheme), might need to be moved
to CL.

My tentative strategy is to replace the general purpose Scheme libraries
with API wrappers for their CL analogues (and perhaps later change the
call sites to use the CL library API directly), semiautomatically
transliterate the remaining Scheme code, get it to compile, and then
start working through runtime problems.

The good news is that the Scheme code I've seen so far isn't especially
idiomatic, and I expect it will translate to CL more easily than average
Scheme code.

Any thoughts?

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/scmxlate/scm2cl.html
http://mumble.net/~jar/pseudoscheme/