[plt-scheme] Re: Understanding continuations

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 30 20:41:27 EDT 2008

Grant Rettke wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:50 AM, Anton van Straaten
> <anton at appsolutions.com> wrote:
>> As for the rest, yes, I think that modeling the whole thing in CPS is
>> essential if you really want to understand what's going on when learning
>> about this stuff.
>
> Last night I sat down to try writing a "long running process" style
> app using only CPS. Writing in in CPS was nice; it is so clear what is
> happening.
>
> Is the way that I modeled what is really happening? At this moment I'm
> not sure how to map this to using call/cc.

(define (a-process initial-k)
    ... (set! a-process something-else) ...)

Oh my brain hurts!

Grant, you're making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

Why don't you start with something like PLAI, Chapter 18 and 19?

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Books/ProgLangs/2007-04-26/

David

Posted on the users mailing list.