[plt-scheme] How to use the new logging stuff to log to a file?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 27 09:15:25 EDT 2008

At Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:38:22 -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> To use the new logging stuff to log to a file, do I write a separate
> thread that waits on the log-receiver, emits the data, and then loops?
> That seems the simplest way.

Yes, that's a fine approach.

> And yet Eli says "I wonder what's the
> difference between that and just a thread using its mailbox for
> messages", which is a good point ...

It's just more "orthogonal", I think, to have a receiver event.
Depending on the application, a new thread may not be needed to handle
logged events; it might be combined with an existing `sync', or
multiple loggers can be handled with a single thread.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.