[plt-scheme] Re: compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 25 19:08:35 EDT 2008

eval uses the namespace to compile any free variables in its argument
(it does not use the lexical context where eval was called). That's
how you're getting that error -- eval is being called when the current
namespace does not have a binding for #%app. Chances are, the easier
fix is to avoid eval. Otherwise, the fix is to set up a good namespace
for eval to use.

Robby