[plt-scheme] changing #lang planet

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 15:29:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> At Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:40:38 -0700, YC wrote:
> > >
> > Are you saying the reader should return the `(module ...)` expression?
>
> Yes. The `syntax/module-reader' library can help.

Thanks - I'll look into syntax/module-reader.

My 2 cents is that modules like `s-exp` and `planet` as is are helpful
because they provide common service to generate the module expression for
custom language modules.  While writing the code is not a huge challenge -
having it factored out saves everyone time and effort.  I suspect many
custom languages do not include a full-module reader today.  So if `#lang
planet` is going to behave more  like `#reader` going forward, then I still
feel that we need to have a built-in `custom` module that can use a custom
reader, as Sam TH described in
http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-July/025931.html.

Thanks,
yc