[plt-scheme] Confusing continuation behavior (a question about)

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 00:03:21 EDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 22:57, Grant Rettke wrote:
> I am still studying continuations. Honestly, I
> have a hard time visualizing them, but from stepping through with the
> debugger I think I've got a visual of what is happening along with my
> rudimentary practice of converting simple functions to CPS style.

Sometimes it helps me to remember Unix and Perl pipes of old and
mentally replace the k's with |'s (vertical bars).  Continuations are
not pipes, so don't take my analogy too far, but the endianness of the
k notation helps me distinguish passing and receiving from invocation,
or calls that do piecework from those that finish the job.

Posted on the users mailing list.