[plt-scheme] Re: One small and one big issue with DrScheme

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 9 00:33:33 EDT 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:17:31 -0500, "Robby Findler"
<robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Nicolas Buduroi <nbuduroi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> P.S.: Wow! the speed and quality of responses on mailing lists like this one
>> never stop to amaze me compared to typical MS or Java related forums. ;-)
>
>Yeah, we're still hungry here. When we become rich & famous we'll also
>stop caring too.

There's probably also the issue of relative user enthusiasm.  Correct
me if I'm mistaken, but I'm under the impression that most users of MS
or Java use their languages because of strict work-related
requirements, whereas most users of Scheme (and most other members of
the LISP familiy and other functional programming languages) use their
languages because the language also doubles as a personal interest or
hobby.

Programming language-related mailing lists tend to be more responsive
when most members have a personal interest in using the language.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.