[plt-scheme] "Seg fault (internal error) at 12" upon starting DrScheme, version 4.0.1.3, english

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 3 00:21:59 EDT 2008

I just downloaded and installed DrScheme, version 4.0.1.3, english, in
"C:\Program Files\PLT-4.0.1.3" on Windows XP Professional, Service
Pack 2, but every time I start up this pre-release version of
DrScheme, the following error pops up in a Command Prompt box:

> Seg fault (internal error) at 12

The a Windows XP dialog box pops up reporting an error in a
"MrEd-based application," offering to send a report of the error to
Microsoft.

When I click "Send Error Report," the error report is sent, and then
both dialog boxes close.  Then Version 4.0.1.3 terminates.

For some reason, the regular version 4.0.1, installed in
"C:\bin\PLT-4.0.1," still starts up without any problems.  Similarly
for both versions 3.99.0.13, installed in "C:\Program
Files\PLT-3.99.0.13," and 3.99.0.25, installed in "C:\Program
Files\PLT-3.99.0.25," respectively.

Is this a bug, or do I need to do something special to get version
4.0.1.3 to run?

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.