[plt-scheme] If With No Else and Other Changes

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 11:46:45 EST 2008

I'm not sure if others are as confused as me, but for someone with
substantial sized collections in PLaneT that wants a smooth migration to V4
without breaking V3.72 it isn't 'obvious' how to do this in the context of
PLaneT.  Should we use the new languages (like scheme or scheme/base or
scheme/gui)?  If we do so, will we break our packages in V3.72 (which is
definitely not a good thing to do)?  Should we continue to use the mzscheme
language until the transition is complete?  Should we maintain two version
of our collections - one for V3.72 (distributed via PLaneT) and another for
V4 (distributed by some other mechanism)?  I'm already having to maintain
separate documentation mechanisms across the two as we go to Scribble and I
haven't seen how we're going to smoothly merge these across the V3 -> V4
boundary.  This is probably enough of a list for now.

Doug