[plt-scheme] scribbling newbie

From: Yavuz Arkun (yarkun at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 07:37:17 EST 2008

Richard Cleis wrote:
> setup-plt: Docs failure: algol60.scrbl:4:1: compile: unbound variable
> in module in: title
>
> I'm using a MacIntel with the Full nightly build.  Should it work with:
>
> #lang scribble/doc
> @(require scribble/algol60)
>
> @title{algol library}
>
> Welcome to my documentation: @scheme[(list 'testing 1 2 3)].
>
> rac

I think you need to have a

@require[scribble/manual]

after the #lang scribble/doc line for the @title, @scheme etc to be
defined. Some of these are defined in scribble/basic, but
scribble/manual reexports all of them plus some other stuff useful for
documenting Scheme.

Incidentally, as far as I can understand, @(require X) and @require[X]
evaluate to the same thing, but the Scribble documentation uses the
first form while the .scrbl files themselves use the second one (even
the scribble.scrbl file itself). Is there a difference that I am missing?

Yavuz

Posted on the users mailing list.