[plt-scheme] How to permanently enable some configuration options?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 5 11:30:25 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 10:00 AM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 7:15 AM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > I suppose you could just save your preferences file to make sure they
> > are the same. Or do you really want to change the preferences dialog
> > so that these options aren't even clickable anymore?
>
> I want to change the preferences dialog so that they aren't click able any more.
>
> When you run on the XO, you should check both features. It will
> prevent multiple instances of DrScheme, conserving resources.
>
> !+ instances quickly deplete the available memory.
>
> An alternative is just to tell folks "Hey make sure you know when you
> are starting new ide instances and when you aren't", but I would
> rather make it impossible for that to happen :)

I think these preferences are independent of creating multiple
instances of DrScheme (assuming you mean multiple OS-level processes).
If, on the other hand, you want to make sure people can only edit one
file at a time in drscheme, and have to close old files before opening
new ones ... well, ok. But that uses lots less memory than actually
creating separate drscheme's at the OS level.

In any case, if you did want to do that to drscheme, you'd have to
change drscheme's source code.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.