[plt-scheme] Seg fault in 371.3

From: Abdulaziz Ghuloum (aghuloum at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 5 08:08:24 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 7:34 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> This isn't a crash. MzScheme's GC will handle the signal to
> implement a
> write barrier.
>
> Use the commands
>
>   handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint
>
> to continue in gdb.

Hello,

Interesting that you mention this.  I used to do this SEGV trap when
Ikarus was running on the PowerPC (back in the day).  One day after
some I don't know how many hours of chasing after a GC bug, I decided
to enter gdb.  I used your trick above to let gdb continue after the
signal and GDB ITSELF SEGFAULTED!  That was the end of that hack for
me.  Now maybe I should've started another gdb to debug the first gdb
that was debugging ikarus.  THAT would've been quality time.

Just wanted to share that "story from the trenches of another camp".
:-)

Now back to your normal programming.

Aziz,,,

Posted on the users mailing list.