[plt-scheme] JIT and flonums

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 3 17:25:34 EST 2008

I tried running the science collection examples in 3.99.  Most of the plots
were just empty, so I need to see if it's a problem with the PLoT package or
with my code.  [They didn't error, just gave empty plots.]  For the ones
that did run and which are computationally intensive (with flonums) - like
Chebyshev evaluation and (especially) the ordinary differential equation
solvers - they 'seemed' much faster.  But, it's anecdotal - I just eyeballed
it.  I have to track down my uses of set-cdr!, etc in the simulation
collection before I try any of my larger examples there.

One interesting problem came up.  Has the use of subcollections in PLaneT
changed with 3.99?  For example, (require (planet "bernoulli.ss" ("williams"
"science.plt") "random-distributions")) says it can't find the file, but it
works fine in V372 (and before).

Doug