[plt-scheme] drscheme & olpc

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Jan 3 04:08:04 EST 2008

In case anyone besides Grant and me is trying out DrScheme on the XO,
but not having an XO, wants to try emulation via Parallels on a Mac, I
just posted instructions on the OLPC Wiki.

Step by step instructions for getting XO emulation up on a Mac using
Parallels v3:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO/Mac_Parallels3

Still to come--a wrapper to make this an OLPC Activity that kids can
download onto their XOs.  Currently I'm using a USB stick to transfer
builds of DrScheme to my kids' XOs, and I'm invoking DrScheme from the
command line.  Soon things will get better.

If you look at the black-and-white icons at the bottom of this
screenshot:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Gsk-olpc-mac-par-23.jpg

we'll have to come up with a B&W PLT Lambda creature.  That little
snake in the lower right is Pippy the Python.

Geoffrey

Posted on the users mailing list.