[plt-scheme] Re: getting data out of xexpr's (xml)

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Thu Jan 3 02:33:09 EST 2008

Thanks,

i'm guessing that sxml is similar, but different to xexpr's, with the
sxml-match library having similar origins to the other matchers?

ta
s.

On 1/3/08, Anton van Straaten <anton at appsolutions.com> wrote:
> Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
> > I'm using  (lib "xml.ss" "xml") to read some GraphML  into xexpr's
> > My Question is - is there a better way of getting my nodes, edges and
> > [graph] metadata(directed/undirected) as what I am writing here is
> > hard to write, hard to read, and doesn't even work.
> >
> > Should I use  plt-match.ss or  match.ss instead?
>
> In case it's of any interest, sxml-match[1] is good for this kind of
> thing.  However, it matches SXML.  I'm not sure whether any support for
> the PLT xexpr format exists.
>
> Sxml-match was used to convert the Scheme FAQ from Docbook XML format to
> a wiki format, and it worked very well.  (Code at [2].)
>
> Anton
>
> [1] http://celtic.benderweb.net/sxml-match/index.html
>
> [2] http://community.schemewiki.org/?faq-conversion-program

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
University College London Interaction Centre
Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP

"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
easy to use as his telephone.  That wish has come true, since I no
longer know how to use my telephone. " -- Bjarne Stroustrup

Posted on the users mailing list.