[plt-scheme] Ludum Dare entry done in Scheme

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 29 10:34:58 EST 2008

> Have you or anyone else tried the bindings on OS X? ISTR that at least
> some Common Lisp implementations have trouble with SDL on Mac
> (something to do with SDL's event handler running in different thread
> or something).

It might be the same issue I had on OSX with a different graphics/input
library. The thing is the Cocoa event thread needs to be the main thread
with the application being a subthread executed somewhere from the event
thread. But if another program is already running in the main thread and
calling out to the Cocoa event thread then things will be slow.

Posted on the users mailing list.