[plt-scheme] mztext replacement

From: Aleks Bromfield (aleks at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 28 12:17:46 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:57:10AM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:26:23AM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> >
> > [BTW, one thing that is missing for now some way to include another
> > file.  `require' doesn't work right since it executes the other file
> > before the current code runs.  Something like `include/reader' should
> > work, but I hope to get away with something more dynamic.
> > `dynamic-require' works fine, but I want it to use relative paths from
> > the source expression.]
>
> Now I'm a bit worried again.  Usually when I use this kind of technology,
> I've got a large Scheme module, often including a parser-tools parser, that
> contains the code that I want to run.  Do I have to put all of that
> code into the file to be processed?

With scribble, a document is just a module, so it's easy to import
any libraries you need (with require).

Also, it seems like include-section works fine for including another
Scribble file.

All that's missing is straight-up textual inclusion (i.e. include a file
which isn't a module, just text) -- which, admittedly, would be very
nice.

~ Aleks

Posted on the users mailing list.