[plt-scheme] Canonical install procedure for PLT Scheme on Mac OS X 10.4.11?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 19:27:20 EST 2008

Christopher Rasch wrote:
> This works, in that it enables the mzscheme interpreter to be found on
> the command line.  However, it seems like the files in the bin directory
> should be installed in a more common location, such as /usr/local/bin.

I keep the folder on the Desktop (not a great idea but not that bad
either) and add some symlinks (to scribble, mzc and mzscheme) in ~/.bin
which I add to the path. This is actually scripted so I can easily
switch between different versions. (I symlink the binaries to
~/.bin/mzscheme-372 and than links one of these to plain ~/.bin/mzscheme.)

So I guess you're doing it the right way.

PS. I got used to spaces in file names since they look pretty in the
Finder and I rarely use the shell for file managment these days (to my
own suprise and despite the fact I always have at least several
terminals opened).

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa