[plt-scheme] Chaining exception handlers between threads

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 27 14:47:31 EST 2008

At Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:53:51 +0000, "Noel Welsh" wrote:
> Ok, I think my confusion arose from two sources:
>
>  - IIRC the parameter current-exception-handler stored the exception
> handler in 37x

Yes, except that it had changed already by v370.

>  - I don't think the docs actually state what an exception handler is, beyond:
>
>    "A handler to catch exceptions can be associated with a
> continuation frame though
>     a continuation mark (whose key is not directly accessible)."

True. The rest of the documentation just describes how the various
exception-related constructs behave with respect to each other.

I'd prefer to be less concrete about the implementation of exception
handlers than the quote above, actually. But specifying this much means
that everything specified about continuation marks (such as how they're
associated with delimited continuations) automatically applies to
exception-handler binding.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.