[plt-scheme] Is there a MacOS 10.5 (Leopard) version of DrScheme?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 22 10:33:54 EST 2008

At Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:22:35 +0800, alex mitchell wrote:
> I'm creating some software for my students, which I'd like to distribute as
> stand-alone executables. Unfortunately, the version I built on MacOS 10.4
> (Tiger) won't run on MacOS 10.5 (Leopard).
>
> So, what I'd like to know is whether there's a version of DrScheme for
> Leopard, or if I can just run the MacOS X version on the download page under
> Leopard and build a stand-alone executable with it which will run on a
> Leopard machine?

Our Mac OS X distributions run on both 10.4 and 10.5. (I use 10.5.)

However, as of v372, there was a bug in the way that DrScheme generates
stand-alone executables for Mac OS X. I know that it broke the other
direction (running 10.5-built things on 10.4), but it's possible that
it also sometimes breaks in the direction that you're seeing.

You could try dropping

  http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/trunk/collects/compiler/private/mach-o.ss

in place of "collects/compiler/private/mach-o.ss" in your installation
to see if it fixes the problem.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.