[plt-scheme] Drag and Drop Functionality in MrEd

From: Ben Simon (benjisimon at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 22:50:09 EST 2008

Howdy All -

It looks like I may have a project coming up that calls for a desktop
application instead of a web app (whoo!), and I'm thinking MrEd and company
might be a perfect fit.  The catch is that I need to support drag and drop
behavior. Something like this description:

Suppose you have a UI that consist of a series of shelves and a series of
shoe boxes. The user should be able to drag the shoe boxes from a holding
area and drop them onto the shelves. The user should also be able to open an
individual shoe box and drag a pair of shoes from one box to another (never
mind that now the second show box has two pairs of shoes - the analogy
breaks down, but just go with it).

I've checked the message archives and been through the MrEd docs a number of
times now, and can't find any suggestions for how I'd go about implementing
this sort of behavior.  Any suggestions for a strategy?  I'd really rather
not break down and have to implement this in Swing or something...

Thanks in advance,
Ben

--
 I'm so done with my commute. See what I'm up to now:
www.ideas2executables.com