[plt-scheme] What does the Scheme file extension ".ss" stand for?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 17:55:51 EST 2008

Michael Vanier wrote:
> What's wrong with using ".scheme" as the extension?  Java has blazed a
> path of glory in this regard...
>
> (No, I'm not serious.)

Why are you not? We've had LFN for more than a decade. 8.3 is almost
like COBOL... ;-)

It's quite nice to use long extensions --- this helps to avoid
collisions between programs and improves the overall file UI experience
(in Finder, Explorer, Nautilus or whatever). In the shell we have tab
completion anyway.

I kind of like .latex and .iMovieProject for example.

PS. Not that I would like to force a switch but this proposal is IMHO at
least as good as .scm or .ss.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa