[plt-scheme] Need help understanding some DrScheme options

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 17 21:06:31 EST 2008

In all cases, files are opened within a single DrScheme instance at
the OS level (or, perhaps more accurately, the preferences are all
specific to particular instance and DrScheme itself never creates a
new instance of itself).

The first option should probably go away. It is a holdover from before
we had tabs. It will reuse the window (or one tab in a window if there
are multiple tabs) when opening a new file. The old file will just not
be open anymore in DrScheme.

I recommend checking tabs and not the other one.

And, just to be clear, separate windows are still being created within
the same drscheme os-level process. (To see if you have multiple
OS-level processes somehow, look at the Windows menu. It only shows
windows within the same process.)

Robby