[plt-scheme] scribble/latex

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Feb 12 19:25:16 EST 2008

On Feb 12, Aleks Bromfield wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 04:10:58PM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > > It seams that one could make a LaTeX preprocessor out of it (the
> > > @-reader could be made into an \-reader).
> >
> > It can easily do that, for example (which requires the recent svn
> > snapshot since I fixed a bug in the use-at-readtable function
> > today):
>
> On a related note, is MzText going to stick around for a while?

I'm not sure how long -- I'm not aware of many users (besides you, of
course).

> It's almost the same as the Scribble reader, but not quite, and I
> use it pretty extensively.

Well, it was one of *many* experiments I did trying to combine Scheme
with text in a convenient way.  In the particular case of mztext, the
preprocessor is quite different from the other experiments in that it
uses a tex-like approach of running Scheme expressions that it finds,
and reprocess the resulting strings -- so you can have a function call
another by producing a textual call.

I generally find the scribble reader approach much better in keeping
things to plain Scheme.

Are you sure that whatever you do with it cannot be done with the
scribble reader instead?

(I did use it in my thesis, as a macro language on top of latex, which
allows me to write complex macros sanely.)