[plt-scheme] PLT's debugger philosophy

From: Gregory Cooper (greg at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 12 14:23:50 EST 2008

If you're asking about the Debug button, I don't think there's any
particular "philosophy" behind it.  It's just something I've hacked up
and various other people (mainly Matthew) have helped to maintain.

Actually, I don't think the Debug button works so differently from
what you've described in MIT Scheme, except that you need to enable it
explicitly when you start the program.  (This is because the
breakpoint and introspection capabilities require source annotation,
which incurs some overhead.)  The other differences are primarily in
the user interface.

If you're asking about the Stepper (and Macro Stepper), then that's a
different discussion, but their creators could respond better than I.

Greg