[plt-scheme] some more frtime questions

From: Gregory Cooper (greg at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 10 22:19:07 EST 2008

Hi Dave,

> I've made some more progress with FrTime/Fluxus - I'm working on some
> smaller examples to play with collision detection, and it's going well
> so far, using the pong example to learn from.

Sounds good.  :-)  Note that the pong demo does collision-detection in
a pretty naive way, so you'll probably want to find something more
clever before long.

> I'd just like to confirm that I'll need to write a 3D version of posn -
> as I can't seem to use scheme vectors as behaviours. Is this because
> FrTime supports structs but not vectors as behaviours?

That's strange.  FrTime *should* let you use vectors without any
trouble.  Could you send me an example of what you're trying to do and
how it doesn't work?

> Also, if I want to use fully supported 3D vectors this way, I'm assuming
> I won't be able to use the vector maths in fluxus - which is part of a
> binary extension.

I don't understand what this means.  Does fluxus define a custom 3d
vector struct and a bunch of operations for it?  If so, there ought to
be a way to reuse all that code; it may just require a little extra
work on the Scheme and/or FrTime side(s).  That I'd be glad to help
with.

Best,
Greg

> None of this is a problem at all, I just want to check before I start
> writing a lot of code :)
>
> cheers.
>
> dave

Posted on the users mailing list.