[plt-scheme] Newbie help please

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Fri Feb 8 20:28:29 EST 2008

My e-mail to mobius (for reference only; I've got some mail
configuration problems and the message never got to the list):

mobius wrote:
 > #2 Put MzScheme's bin directory on the path
 > #3 From the arc0 directory, run the command mzscheme -m -f as.scm, as
 > recommended
 > --
 >
 > I believe my problems are with #2...

You're probably right on that one. :)

 > My directory structure is as follows:
 > |_mzscheme
 >   |_arc0
 >      |_as.scm
 >   |_mz
 >     |_BIN (directory)
 >        |_mzscheme

Try something like this:
export PATH="$PATH:/some/dirs/mzscheme/mz/BIN"

Adjust /some/dirs/ to your setup (the whole thing should be a absolute
path --- with a leading /). This will only work until you close the
console but you can add this to your startup files. First try adding
this line to .profile or .bash_profile in your home directory (choose
the one that exists on you computer; in case neither does try one at
random). After that I encourage you read up on customizing bash (or zsh
or any other shell you like). It's really easy and very useful at the
same time. (I prefer zsh)

PS. I'm used to having a ~/.bin directory in which I put symlinks to
various things I like to have in my PATH. This way I don't have to
change my PATH each time I compile a program without installing it into
system-wide directories.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa