[plt-scheme] SRFI 41

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Feb 6 13:58:53 EST 2008

Hi,
Phil Bewig asked me to prepare a native implementation of SRFI 41 for PLT Scheme. He allows me some freedom in optimizing the representation of streams and to use contracts in order to avoid unnecessary type checks when procedures are calling fellow procedures from the same library. It is not too much work. I already have a representation that works nicely for PLT Scheme and is one to two orders of magnitude faster than the original code (Phil is not to blame for that, because he intentionally did not care about speed) Adapting the documentation such as to meet the current standards of PLT documentation will be much more work, though. Would the PLT team be interested in adopting such a native version as a collection in PLT Scheme? Of course a test suite will be included. Moreover I shall anticipate on the premise that soon (I hope) R6RS will be fully available in PLT Scheme. Please let me know your opinion. Mine is that SRFI 41 deserves a native version in the form of a collection within PLT Scheme.
Jos Koot