[plt-scheme] Why do layman programmers care about Currying?

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 20:55:48 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Joe Marshall wrote:

> On a completely different thought:
> I expect the Haskell community would be *far* less excited about
> monads
> if their language didn't automatigically do the currying.
>
> --
> ~jrm

I don't think I follow you here. Isn't the point of using monads to
constrain recduction order so that side effects don't make the value
of a function dependent on the choice of reduction order? I'm still
trying to get my head around monads, but I admit that they seem rather
artificial to me.

Posted on the users mailing list.