[plt-scheme] posting above and below

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Tue Dec 30 07:35:59 EST 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:35:59 +0200
"Eli Barzilay" <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> Otherwise, bottom replies are much easier to read (and this
> is more important when you're "mass communicating", like usenet and
> mailing lists posts).

I always quote the mail and answer only relevant parts which has
proven, over the years the most effective way of answering since people
immediately see what I'm referring to and it has some resemblence to a
dialog and not a letter exchange.

Another observation that I made on this list is that people do a "Reply
All" instead of a normal "Reply" so that an author that is subscribed
to the list gets the mail twice. Is there some policy or is it "because
everyone does so"?

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.