[plt-scheme] Paypal integration?

From: Christopher Rasch (crasch at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 16:18:51 EST 2008

Geoffrey S. Knauth wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2008, at 21:12, Christopher Rasch wrote:
>> Are there any tutorials that detail how to integrate paypal with a
>> scheme-powered website?
>
> What do you mean by integration?  Are there other systems that offer
> integration, and if so, how do they work?

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks!  By "integration" I mean, a system that can send and receive paypal payments to others without human intervention.

What I have in mind is an auction site.  When someone wins an auction, I'd like to be able to accept a paypal payment
for the item, take my cut, and pay out the rest to the person selling the item.

Paypal has an API, which is described here:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_NVPAPIOverview

I was hoping that someone had already created a scheme-powered website that integrated the Paypal API, and had written
about it, so that I could avoid gotchas, duplicating the wheel, etc.

Chris

Posted on the users mailing list.