[plt-scheme] pretty URLs

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 28 12:44:05 EST 2008

> wouldn't it be easier to use this feature?:
>
> http://jay-mccarthy.blogspot.com/2008/11/top-level-servlets-in-plt-scheme-web.html

I don't know enough about serve/servlet to answer... it's probably a
matter of preference.

Dispatch does a little more than just give you pretty URLs, but you
may or may not want these extra features. See the docs and the sample
code I posted for more information.

> but which version does it refer to?
>
> i have this: MzScheme v4.1.1.3 [3m]

Dispatch works with any PLT from 4.1 to present. I think serve/servlet
was introduced in 4.1.3 (althought I might be wrong). You should be
able to do the direct download or the SVN checkout.

I install PLT straight from SVN and find it to be quite stable. New
features are added regularly... a few (not many) of them have broken
backwards-compatibility and caused me to change things. I rarely have
a problem with bugs (although the usual disclaimers undoubtedly apply).

Cheers,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.