[plt-scheme] prop:equal+hash for scheme/class ?

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Sat Dec 27 18:13:58 EST 2008

PLT Scheme Folk-

Is there a prop:equal+hash for the scheme/class collection?

That is, I have learned how to extend PLT Scheme's equal? procedure to
handle instances of particular struct types specially, via the
prop:equal+hash property.  This has been incredibly useful for
implementing abstract data types that integrate well with other code.
I would like to know if there's an analogous property for classes.

Or perhaps instead of a property, there are a set of methods I am
supposed to override?  (Much like how in Java one is supposed to make
sure that the hashCode() and equals(..) methods must be kept in
sync.)  But if that is the case, the methods are not documented as far
as I can tell.

The documentation for object% says that it "has no methods
fields" (sic) which leads me to think that PLT did not follow Java's
lead (that's good!) and so something more like prop:equal+hash (which
feels more like multi-method dispatch) is what belongs here.

-Felix Klock

p.s. I saw in the documentation for scheme/class that one can override
the inspector for a class, but that does not handle implementing
abstract data types; consider e.g. the example I provided in pr 9987:

http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/query/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=9987

Posted on the users mailing list.