[plt-scheme] scheme/foreign issues - string conversion and DrScheme crashing

From: Ben Simon (benjisimon at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 25 16:40:46 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> On Dec 25, Ben Simon wrote:
>
> > 2) DrScheme has been crashing nearly constantly since I started
> > working on this.

I wonder if I'm hosing things up because I'm calling mysql_init without an
argument. The API says that if the argument is null, it returns back a fresh
mysql handle.  That's what I was intending.  But, by not explicitly handing
in NULL, i may be corrupting matters.

How do I rewrite:
  (define c-mysql-init (get-ffi-obj  "mysql_init" libmysql (_fun ->
_handle)))
so that the function takes in an explicit NULL?

Thanks,
-Ben

--
Have an idea for software?  I can make it happen -
http://www.ideas2executables.com