[plt-scheme] query mysql from scheme

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Mon Dec 22 21:13:41 EST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:00:19 -0500
"Geoffrey S. Knauth" <geoff at knauth.org> wrote:

> At some point I'd love to repackage mysqlclient, put it into PLaneT,
> etc., but first I want to look at the other database packages on
> PLaneT and see if there's a way to unify the approaches.  For
> example, in Ruby on Rails, it's easy to switch database engines with
> minimal changes to config files.  It would be grand if database work
> using DrScheme were so easily retargeted.

That's a good idea. Although I suppose RoR uses a rather high-level
interface. The Python DB API <http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/>
provides a rather low-level interface that every SQL library worth
speaking of supports (you might want to skim through it for an API
that works with many libraries and is low-level enough not to tie
into specific functionality). Seeing something like this for DrScheme
would be great.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.