[plt-scheme] How to handle large data

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Dec 18 23:39:49 EST 2008

On Dec 18, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Every company now has a "call yourself cool by doing something with
> our boring application" contest.  Very few of these seem to yield
> any interesting results.

Well, in the case of our "application", it *is* boring unless you do
something with it...  But in any case, google really does manage to
impress me with the kind of stuff that they do -- and being able to
connect to that is therefore -- IMO -- a very nice thing.

> The one interesting thing I've seen done in SQL lately is
> Sudoku-solver-in-one-command.  (Google for it.)

Bah -- I've heard about it one too many times (actually, two now).
SQL, in contrast to google, is so unexciting that I never bothered
looking at that sudoku thing.  It's as "exciting" as writing a sudoku
solver in Scheme using regexp operations only...