[plt-scheme] Is UNICODE in the code taboo?

From: Dimitris Vyzovitis (vyzo at media.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 21:29:47 EST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Robby Findler wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Dimitris Vyzovitis <vyzo at media.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> I just meant that (apparently) no one is maintaining them anymore. I
> don't mean to doubt their value.

I know, I wasn't being sarcastic towards you. Even worse, even when the
tools are actively maintained you can easily find yourself on a system
that isn't up-to-date or configured for unicode.

> Thanks for the incantation. I actually found a different one for my
> init file so that all files open up in utf-8 (it seems that all files
> I edit in practice are in utf-8).

The blanket? (setq default-buffer-file-coding-system 'utf-8) should do it.

Also, if you do use a rodent with emacs, you can simply click on the
modeline to switch on a buffer bases.

-- vyzo

Posted on the users mailing list.