[plt-scheme] Is UNICODE in the code taboo?

From: Dimitris Vyzovitis (vyzo at media.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 21:01:23 EST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Robby Findler wrote:

> It is sad to live with all those broken tools!

Too bad that some of those "broken" tools are irreplacable.

> At least in partial
> answer: if you are entering the unicode in drscheme you presumably
> have a programmer friendly font for the X11 version of Emacs.

emacs is fine on x11, the problem is when you are in the terminal or going
through tunnels. The font is quite restrictive tho, some of my favorite
fonts give me boxes (iso10646 ho ho ho) and I end up switching fonts on
the fly to read them.

> My
> experience with emacs in this regard is that it works well, once I
> find the magic incantation that says 'this file is in utf-8'.

C-x RET r utf-8
Better just set the modeline correctly tho.

-- vyzo

Posted on the users mailing list.