[plt-scheme] Two questions regarding scribble ..

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 7 08:50:27 EST 2008

At Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:07:16 +0800, kumar wrote:
> Scribble is awesomely convenient for generating
> documentation containing lots of scheme examples.
> I'm stuck on two aspects though -
>
> 1. How do I do tables in scribble?

Currently, the only way is to use `make-table' to create a `table'
struct directly.

Here are some examples in the PLT tree:

   collects/eopl/eopl.scrbl
   collects/net/scribblings/imap.scrbl
   collects/scribblings/drscheme/printing.scrbl

There should be a higher-level `table' function in `scribble/manual',
but we haven't yet gotten around to adding one.

> 2. How do I get the search box to work when the generated
> documentation is installed independent of a plt-installation?
> Basically, I think this means "how do I generate the index?".

I don't think we have a good answer to this one. The search page is
currently built as a separate installed document, and it works by
processing the cross-reference information of all other documents.
Probably we should make that process work over a given set of
documents, so that you could build your own search pages.

Meanwhile, you can use `index-section' to generate a conventional
index. You get hyperlinks for index entries, but not a search box.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.