[plt-scheme] local planet mirror/repository?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 5 02:13:13 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Jacob Matthews <jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu>wrote:

> Most of the code in the planet server is dedicated to the second task.
> If you only wanted to worry about the first task (as presumably is
> what you'd want to do with a local mirror), you could use the code in
> collects/planet/private/planet-shared.ss, probably starting with
> lookup-package.

Thanks for the pointer, Jacob.

> The other part of the task would be downloading the complete index of
> planet packages regularly. That I can't help you with.

I noticed that planet server doesn't handle 304 (Etag, If-Non-Match,
If-Modified-Since) caching.  While I imagine bandwidth isn't an issue for
uchicago, it can help a proxy to identify whether to download the package
again (and save bandwidth).  This would be a feature request ;)

Thanks,
yc