[plt-scheme] local planet mirror/repository?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 3 18:47:36 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:13 PM, <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> > planet-servlet.ss appears to be the servlet that distributes the right
> > packages when planet client connects.  It's probably not hard to figure
> out
> > what it does under the hood.
>
> I am quite familiar with it.

I don't mean to imply you not knowing it - I am asking whether the servlet
is available for setting up our own mirrors - I apologize for not being
clear.  When I said "it's probably not hard to figure out..." I meant I can
probably determine what it does without access to the source code (in case I
need to hack something for my own mirror).

> > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Let me ask a question: are you running into stability problems that a
> >> mirror or local cache of some kind would solve?
> >>

> > Yes.  I think I have some ideas on how this could work.  I'll do some
> > experiments on my end.
>
> This discussion has, in my mind, been difficult because I don't know
> what you are after. As I said there is more to do with planet. Are you
> simply urging me to get to work? (which is fine, btw!)

I am simply trying to figure out the easiest way to setup a local
cache/mirror, withot a ton of work on your end or my end ;)

I am experimenting to see if I can redirect the planet through a proxy
servlet - if this is possible, then the work is probably minimal...

Thanks,
yc