[plt-scheme] music in scheme

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Wed Dec 3 18:43:24 EST 2008

Dave wrote:
> I was wondering what libraries are used in scheme to produce some form
> of sound. Im writing a c++ code that has embedded in it scheme in for
> which then plays sound, but im not sure on which libraries are used
> for such a program. Any suggestions??...thank you in advance

I think that it should be easier to do from C/C++ than from Scheme.
Maybe using PortAudio or some simple sound playing API (it depends on
whether you need this cross-platform and such).

PS. libsndfile is wrapped using the FFI (look in the
collects/ffi/examples dir) but this only allows for reading and writing
various (uncompressed) audio file formats.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa