[plt-scheme] local planet mirror/repository?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 3 01:51:21 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu>wrote:

> If it isn't in the docs, then I don't think it is in the client
> implementation. But I'd have to go look at it myself to answer those
> questions and I suspect you'd be just as good as I would for that.

Thanks for the pointer - based on
http://docs.plt-scheme.org/planet/Utility_Libraries.html, it seems that
planet can use either HTTP or a "custom" planet protocol. Also it seems that
planet does read from a config.ss file, which can potentially facilitate
reading from a local mirror site.  The config.ss in my installation shows
that by default plt uses the http protocol.

The doc doesn't discuss how to setup a local mirror of planet.plt-scheme.org.
Based on running planet url <author> <pkg> ..., it does seem that a servlet
called planet-servlet.ss is required to access the packages correctly.
Hence I would imagine that setting up a local mirror including having the
planet-servlet.ss available.

Are there additional requirements for setting up a mirror?

Thanks,
yc