[plt-scheme] In-line LaTeX in REPL

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 2 18:50:50 EST 2008

Greg Woodhouse wrote:
> I like it. To be honest, I use TeXShop and don't generally deal with
> command-line utilities, but that's okay. There is a manual. :)
>
> Right now, I'm working on a matrix algebra module, and I'd like to be
> able to work with rings of polynomials, exponential polynomials and so
> forth, but it would be nice to display the output to the the user in
> some comprehensible format. For now, I'm thinking about just displaying
> unprocessed LaTeX and worrying about typesetting later.

For this sort of thing, I'd prefer to be able to copy and paste back
into the definitions or interactions window (ie. constructor style
output).  Then add a whatever->latex function that would render whatever
as a string that could be fed into latex.  If later you wanted to add
whatever->image, you could do that to.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.