[plt-scheme] Foreign not working on Solaris 10

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Tue Dec 2 13:20:15 EST 2008

Hi,

I tried building PLT Scheme 4.1.3 on our Solaris 10 system (the
installer failed, complaining abou ``test``) and it didn't work out of
the box. ./configure worked fine once I removed gcc 4 from my $PATH (it
was complaining that g++ 4 was unable to create binaries, which in
fact, didn't work). But when I called ``make`` it ran for some time and
finally aborted with some compiler errors. So I re-ran it with
``--disable-foreign`` and it built without further problems.

This is not a big problem for me, just wanted you to know that either
FFI does not work properly or the FFI detection in configure is broken
on the Solaris 10 I tested it on.

If you are interested I can re-run the build and post the errors.

regards,
Marek

P.S.: The problem with ``test`` might be because I have a strange mix
of original Solaris tools + some GNU tools and that could create
problems.

Posted on the users mailing list.